Everything is bright this Spring, from handbags to necklaces to sandals, why not add a pop of bright color into your makeup? Here are a few simple steps to guarantee the look is done the right way!
- Make sure your lips are moisturized beforehand, this makes a huge difference in the color payoff. Using a lip exfoliating scrub will reveal new skin cells, following exfoliation with a super rich lip balm will insure a great canvas for a bright lip!
- Choose the right color for your skin complexion.
- If you have fair, pink based skin you should look at peachy/orange based pinks, bright lips can at times come off looking harsh on fair skin, a great way to tone the color down is to apply with your fingertip, dabbing and building the color on your lips. (MAC Lipstick in “On Hold”)
- If you have light, olive toned skin your best shade is going to be a vibrant fuchsia. Pair this with a lipliner that is 1-2 shades darker than the lipstick, this will keep it on your lips and keep it from feathering. (NYX Lipliner in Fuchsia & MAC Amplified Lipstick in “Full Fuchsia”)
- Deeper, ethnic skin tones look immaculate in darker plum shades. It’s best to avoid matte formulas, a bit of shine keeps lips looking full and healthy. (DIOR Addict Lipstick in “Decadent Plum”)
3. Now that you know what shade you should be shopping for, the 2nd half is to make sure you keep your eye makeup to a minimal! A soft “almost skin toned” eyeshadow swept across your lid, a few generous coats of mascara and you’re all set!